Translate

Monday, March 9, 2009

¿Vamos a Batoplias, qué no?

Here are some pics that I took while down in Batopilas, Mexico. A little town way down at the bottom of Copper Canyon where Chew-Mee and I like to go to get away. We have a small two room rock house down there that we have been working on for a few years now. (Just need to secure a roof for half of it, then it's done!) I'll put pics of the house up in another post.
It takes a day and a half to two to get all the way down to Bato...
But so worth it once you have arrived! Here is a map of the town painted on the inside foyer of a local bar named Zan Juan. As you can see it's not very big, but rather long.
I love going in March when the flowers are in bloom and the rivers are full. Here are some pics I took of some of the town buildings.I love the architecture and colors...
This is an ancient hacienda that is in ruins now. It's absolutely incredible. For a mere ten pesos you can explore the grounds.
Here is a close-up of one of the hacienda buildings. OK, so now you know a bit more about Batopilas. I will take you down again soon to explore the rivers and the church in Satevo. Don't forget your water and sunblock!

4 comments:

Charlene said...

I can't wait for more pics - and I want to really GO THERE sometime with you! I'll bring water, sunblock, pesos. Whatever!

Thanks for these - what an amazing place!

Jess said...

You would love it! So much to photograph!

Flying Mermaid said...

Yes yes YES! More, please!

Blogger said...

Get all your favorite spirits and wines on Duty Free Depot!

All the popular brand name drinks for unbeatable discounted prices.